OMS (Online Management System)
We decided to develop our own in-house (Logistics Achiever Award) system, initially called PMS (Parcel management system) when we release Version 2 we renamed the system to OMS (Online Management System).
OMS are one of the game changing initiatives that has allowed us to grow and process more parcels from customers than ever before, we have been constantly updating and adapting the system to accommodate our customer needs and we have also recently release what we called an API tool that allows us to streamline processes from any online shop directly into OMS.
DCB Logistics won an award as a first entrant in the 28th annual Logistics Achiever Awards 2016. The award was for “The significant achievement in logistics in re-design of the client interface”
OMS allows customers to do some of the following:
• Use the system online
• Get 3 instant quotes using Freightware rate engine
• Create a waybill \ label
• Generate a barcoded invoice label for imaging purposes
• View track and trace info
• Retrieve hardcopy POD’s
• Capture their own customer delivery sites
• Report on Invoice vs. Freight value
• Report on different divisions \ brands
• Send automated special instructions to a group email
• Give the customer 3 quotes instead of 1